We Are Open & Providing All General Dentistry Care!
At Aylmer Family Dental here’s what we’re doing to keep you safe.
In the past few weeks, as mandated and recommended by our governing bodies (RCDSO, ODA, CDO, CDHO, & provincial minister of health), we have limited our practice to emergency care. We are very happy to announce that our doors are once again open to all general dentistry care.
As we reclaim as much of our “normal every-day life,” we know that COVID-19 is still at the forefront of everyone’s thoughts. We understand the stresses this may bring. Part of everyday life includes excellent oral hygiene – at home and at our practice. With pandemic, many of our patients’ recare schedules have fallen behind and it’s now time to catch up. And here’s some vital information…
Your dental visits are an important part of staying healthy and we want you to know what we’re doing to keep you safe.
Along with our already-stringent equipment and treatment room sterilization protocols, we are committed to:
- Pre-screening patients for symptoms of illness via telephone & once again upon arrival (see below pre-appointment form).
- Rescheduling appointments if there is any risk to our patients, our team, or our community.
- Providing sanitary hand gel throughout our practice and plenty of soap and single-use towels.
- Routinely sterilizing all non-treatment areas including restrooms, waiting areas, and consultation rooms – just like we’ve always done. Rest assured that door handles will be sanitized after each use.
If you’re one of our patients who had their recare cancelled as a precautionary measure during the pandemic, hopefully we’ve reached you to reschedule. But if not, please call us now. We’ll fit you in at time that’s most convenient to you so that you can keep your treatment plan and your oral health on track!
In addition, we are also…
- We are wearing additional PPE as required for the procedure, i.e. masks, face shields, gloves, gowns, and caps ... but don’t worry ... you’ll still see our smiles in our eyes! Some practices are charging patients a PPE premium – we are NOT.
- We have placed a high volume air filtration and purification unit by Surgically Clean Air technologies in our office which is capable of removing particles smaller than the COVID-19 virus.
- not wearing street clothes in the practice
- not handling mobile phones in the practice.
- social distancing by limiting the number of people in the practice at one time.
- encouraging all new patients to complete and submit your confidential intake form online before your visit.
Our Focus Is On Your Safety.
As SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) moves through our community, it brings many life changes, questions, and new practices at home, at work, at school, and at the dental office.
We understand that the transition back from isolating and social distancing may be awkward and even scary at first. That’s why, in addition to safety, we’re focusing on two more areas to assist you in feeling more confident, comfortable, and safe at your next appointment.
- Communication – If you have any questions whatsoever about attending our practice, please ask! One of our team members will be happy talk with you, clearly & honestly.
- Treatment Plan Fulfilment – To ensure your most beautiful & healthy smile, it’s important that we continue to be proactive with your dental care, taking a preventive approach. We’ll be in touch to confirm your next appointment and look forward to seeing you! We'll also be scheduling to complete as much treatment as possible in a single visit to limit the number of patients through our office. If you’ve missed your recall appointment while our practice was accepting emergencies only, please call now to reschedule.
We’re here to help you feel confident in receiving the dental care you want and need. Thank you for your trust and loyalty. It means so much to us!
When you arrive for your scheduled appointment, please reply to your reminder text with the word "HERE", or call the office at 519-850-2236 and press "1". Please wait in your vehicle until instructed how to proceed. If are not coming in a vehicle or do not have a cellphone, please check in at our front desk.
Please bring a mask or mouth-and-nose covering to your appointment and be aware that you will be expected to wear it unless in the chair for treatment.
Please only bring essential items into the clinic with you (try to leave purses, jackets, etc in your vehicle if possible)
When you arrive for your appointment, you can expect to:
- answer these pre-screening questions again
- sanitize your hands
- wear a mask
- have your temperature taken
To keep everyone safe, if you answer yes to these questions, we’ll reschedule your appointment for when you are symptom-free.
Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you soon!
As your dentist, thank you for your understanding and for you trust and loyalty in our team.